Sunday, March 29, 2026

Sunday One

 Frankincense and Myrrh  

 

I felt like a fraud when I stood

In front of a class as I

Do when I am reading poems

Or talking over baseball

Pictures in a slideshow that

No longer surprises me

Except in the fact that an

Audience was coerced to

Watch it instead of pecking

At their phones—do we all live

Past nostalgia, I wonder,

As my dad’s face flashes on

The back row of a ball team

And I no longer mention

Him in his blue coaching cap.

Or that he was so sure of

His belief in what he was

Doing and where he was going

That he transcended fraudulence

When he spoke about the Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baseball Pome Process

  Process “What is your writing process? The workshop attendee asked.   The baseball poet is at double play depth Waiting for a hard bouncin...