Saturday, July 27, 2024

Saturday Pome

 

Day in the Life 2024

 

The truck in front of us says

In huge bold back window letters:

Avoid the father

Ram the daughter

I’m watching my wife look at this

As we pass the Long View Internet Café

Max’s Junk Yard and Lowman’s Motel

There’s some class, she says

But I’m thinking about my granddaughters

 

The strippers are mowing the grass

At the Treasure Club as we pass

I remember running to the basement

Of the library to get to the shelf

That had the sports books

I remember the smell of those books

 

We’re back behind the truck

With its roaring muffler

Its temporary politics

They turn right

Where we turn left

That’s how it is

When I get home

I’m gonna hug those girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baseball Pome Process

  Process “What is your writing process? The workshop attendee asked.   The baseball poet is at double play depth Waiting for a hard bouncin...